Welcome to sourcehut! This suite of open source tools is the software development platform you've been waiting for. We've taken the wisdom of the most successful open-source communities and turned it into a platform of efficient engineering tools.
- Composable Unix-style mini-services
- Powerful APIs and webhooks
- Secure, reliable, and safe
- Absolutely no tracking or advertising
- 100% free and open source software
Sourcehut is currently available as a public alpha. What should I expect?
Hosted git repositories
- Annotate your source with links, docs, references, etc
- Public, private, and "unlisted" repositories
- Fine grained access control, including access for users without accounts
- First-class Mercurial support also available
Sourcehut has been a breath of fresh air for me. I finally have a code hosting solution that lets me focus on being productive.
— Victor Cushman
Powerful continuous integration
- Runs fully virtualised builds on various Linux distros and BSDs
- Submit ad-hoc jobs without pushing to your repository
- Post-build triggers for email, webhooks, etc
- Log in with SSH after build failures to investigate further
This CI experience is leagues ahead of all others. Resubmitting builds and SSH'ing in is saving me multiple hours.
— Andrew Kelley, author of the Zig programming language
Mailing lists & code review tools
- Patch review tools on the web
- Threaded, searchable mail archives
- Tools for working with third party mailing lists
SourceHut mailing lists are the best thing since the invention of reviewing patches.
— Martijn Braam, postmarketOS developer
Customizable ticket tracking
- Private bug reports and bug trackers for security issues
- Fine-grained access controls
- Participation via email, with or without an account
Markdown- and git-driven wikis
- Use git to version control and manage your wiki
- Use any organizational hierarchy you like, a flat wiki is not imposed
- Hosts the detailed sourcehut manual
Task dispatching & service integration
- Automate tasks between various services
- Integrate with third-party services like GitHub
- Reduces the workload for maintainers and contributors
What I like about Sourcehut is that it just connects tools together. I think this is an example of Drew [founder of Sourcehut] at his most brilliant.
— Ariadne Conill, maintainer of pkgconf