Welcome to sourcehut! This suite of open source tools is the software development platform you've been waiting for. We've taken the wisdom of the most successful open-source communities and turned it into a platform of efficient engineering tools.
- Absolutely no tracking or advertising
- Many features work without an account
- The fastest & lightest software forge
- 100% free and open source software
Sourcehut is currently available as a public alpha. What should I expect?
Hosted git repositories
- Public, private, and "unlisted" repositories
- Fine grained access control, including access for users without accounts
- First-class Mercurial support also available
Sourcehut has been a breath of fresh air for me. I finally have a code hosting solution that lets me focus on being productive.
— Victor Cushman
Powerful continuous integration
- Runs fully virtualised builds on various Linux distros and BSDs
- Submit ad-hoc jobs without pushing to your repository
- Post-build triggers for email, webhooks, etc
- Log in with SSH after build failures to investigate further
This CI experience is leagues ahead of all others. Resubmitting builds and SSH'ing in is saving me multiple hours.
— Andrew Kelley, author of the Zig programming language
Mailing lists & code review tools
- Patch review tools on the web
- Threaded, searchable mail archives
- Tools for working with third party mailing lists
- Powered by git send-email
SourceHut mailing lists are the best thing since the invention of reviewing patches.
— Martijn Braam, postmarketOS developer
Focused ticket tracking
- Actionable tasks only — no discussions, questions, or duplicates
- Private bug reports and bug trackers for security issues
- Participation via email, with or without an account
I think it is really convenient that you can send a plaintext email with your bug report, whether or not you have an account.
— Cadence Ember, author of Bibliogram
Sophisticated account management & security
- PGP encrypted and signed emails from each service
- Two-factor authentication with TOTP
- Detailed audit logs of account activity
- Fine-grained third-party OAuth access controls
I really appreciate the option to get encrypted mail with a PGP key that I provide — why don't more companies have this?!
— Cadence Ember
Markdown- and git-driven wikis
- Use git to version control and manage your wiki
- Use any organizational hierarchy you like, a flat wiki is not imposed
- Hosts the detailed sourcehut manual
- Integrations with third-party services via dispatch.sr.ht
- Ad-hoc source code hosting via paste.sr.ht